FloodSmart, Know Your Risk
Property owners can purchase insurance against flooding losses. Learn the requirements and questions to ask.
Facts about medicines (other than insulin) used to treat people with type 2 diabetes. Provides brand names and pros and cons of each type, including common side effects. Lists warning signs of high or low blood sugar.
Money Smart for Older Adults: Prevent Financial Exploitation
This guide provides information on common frauds, scams and other forms of elder financial exploitation and suggests steps that older persons and their caregivers can take to avoid being targeted or victimized.
NEW! 2014 Consumer Action Handbook
Get help with consumer purchases, problems and complaints. Find consumer contacts at hundreds of companies and government agencies, and more.
Find hundreds of free and low-cost booklets on money, health, jobs, housing and more in the Consumer Information Catalog, Winter/Spring 2014 edition.
- Be Active Your Way - Consumer Booklet for Adults
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Parents Can Do
- Prevent Eye Damage: Protect Yourself from UV Radiation
- Real Kids are Curious About Alcohol: A Family Guide to Underage Drinking Prevention
- Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move